2011/02/20

Salmon & capers pasta






When my kids return from school they crave for pasta. I'm not a huge fan of pasta, but it seems they love it. Usually they prefer traditional recipes like carbonara, alla bolognese, anchoivies pasta, smoked salmon pasta, pesto, etc. One day I decided to play a little with the fridge "treasures" and I made a fast and simple recipe: pasta with salmon and capers. I put the salmon on the grill for a coupple of minutes. In the mean time I boiled the pasta "al dente" in a lot of water with a pinch of salt and some ollive oil, then I poured some ice cold water over the pasta to keep them nice and not sticky, also to stop it from cooking further. I "crushed" the salmon, making sure any bones are removed, but there were very few anyway. I mixed the salmon, pasta, olive oil, juice from half a lemon, capers and some dill. Delicious, simple and fast. Not to mention the healthy Omega 3 :) My little kid thought to add some Greek yogurt on the pasta. He felt it's necessary and he just loved it  ♥ Voted! New entry in our pasta "repertory"















Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu