2011/02/14

Halva & pistachio cake

I love the taste of halva! I love halva ice cream!I love the delicious halva cakes I eat in Israel!  Halva simple, with pistachio, with chocolate... When I finally succeeded to get my hands on this recipe :) I had to try it right away. It is soft and delicious. I can't describe the wonderful smell in my house when this cake is in the oven... One thing was particularly difficult: stopping the kids to "still" from the halva...   ♥

4 big eggs, room temperature
500 ml double cream
400 g sugar
1 lgt vanilla essence
1/2 lgt salt
375 g flour, sieved + 1  1/2 lgt baking powder (mix well)
120 ml tahini
120 ml honey
200 g halva with pistachio, crushed
Heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Prepare a baking mold/pan with butter and flour.
Mix the eggs, double cream, sugar, salt and vanilla essence until you get a smooth mixture. Add the flour + baking powder and mix well. pour 1/3 of the batter in the prepared mold/pan, then put half the tahini paste, half the honey and half the pistachio halva. Pour another layer and the rest of  tahini, honey and halva. Finish with the last third of the batter. With a knife make some vertical rounds in the cake, just a few, to mix the layer of halva, tahini, honey and batter.






Bake the cake for 50 minutes (test: if you insert toothpick in the cake, it should coma out clean). Let it cool in the mold (at least 20 minutes). Serve with halva threads.
Delicious! Perfect for my favorite cafe with hel/cardamon... 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu